Black Dog Brigade is a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization that advocates for animals in shelters; especially those that are heartworm positive, pit bulls, seniors and have black fur. We believe every dog deserves a second chance in a forever home regardless of color, age, breed and history.
How we Make A Difference
- Sponsor heartworm treatment, pull/adoption fees, medical needs, training and any other necessities needed to help a dog find their forever home.
- Educate the public about Black Dog Syndrome and the unfair stigma that exists against black dogs and bully breeds
- Bring awareness to the senior pet population that fills shelters everywhere.
- Bring awareness to dogs with physical disabilities or handicaps to make sure they are not overlooked in shelters.
- Educate the public on the importance of adoption, spaying and neutering pets, and regular vet visits.